I got in late last night from a rejuvenating weekend getaway at Nancy's in Cincinnati. It was just what I needed. I love car rides, but only when I'm driving alone, because then I can listen to my music at full volume. In fact, I could have easily kept driving for another 7 hours. I listened to the Dar Williams CD Nancy burned for me for about 5 hours straight, specifically songs number 3 and 6. After about 3 hours I could feel my eyes welling up with tears, the ones I've been holding back for weeks now. Dar Williams and Nancy finally penetrated the thick skin that had been surrounding my soul. Thanks for a great weekend and for making me laugh! It's so important, seeing as how one day we're all going to dissipate* anyway.
* Since Nancy and I are both having trouble with the idea of god and religion lately, we decided that people don't really die, but rather dissipate. Their energy is just dispersed throughout the universe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I told michael about how I keep using the word dissapate and making you laugh. I am thinking of energy and soul and you are thinking of disembodied heads and green and blue pieces scattered in my living room.
I bought 2 yoga dvd's one on meditation. maybe that will help me.
ohm. ohmmmmm
man I knew I spelled disippate wrong and now I am going to keep on doing it
disapate
dissapate
dissipate
disisipate.
eek.
Which Dar Williams CD? Or more specifically what songs? I dig the live album. For about a year and a half I adopted "Iowa" as a personal anthem. Nancy should burn Kasey Chambers for you too.
Kate-I'm not sure which album it is, but I'm afraid I'm going to kill it before long.
Angelique- I can always send it to you again. also I like the new background
Kate- it is The Beauty of the Rain. do you have that one?
Post a Comment