29.3.06

I'm almost 29, and I'm supposed to feel like this, right?

I have been on an emotional rollercoaster the past few days. I got accepted into the three schools I applied to for an MS in Speech Therapy, which I was thrilled about, but I am not going to receive any funding. I have filed a FAFSA application, so I can get loans, but, as many of you who read my blog know, it's hard to go back to school after earning an income (albeit meager) for a while. I got into Penn State, University of Vermont, and West Chester. West Chester would be a pregraduate degree program that starts in May. I'm not really keen on moving there for a pregraduate program, but I'm not discounting it yet, either. Penn State is a bit more expensive, but I'm already here and familiar with the school and town. Zach and I have been talking about moving for over a year now, but he says he doesn't mind sticking around for a few more years while I complete me program. It would be awesome to move to Burlington, VT, but the tuition is sky high, and neither one of us would have any source of income. I know we're young, and that this is the time to take risks, so part of me wants to just up and move to VT, because, when else will we be able to do that? I am also scared that we'll move and won't have as many opportunities available to us. Burlington is slightly more isolated than State College, not to mention colder. I have about two weeks to figure out what to do. I've been in contact with the graduate advisor for my programs at UVM and PSU, and I'm looking at different options, such as defering my acceptance to UVM until the fall of 2007, after I become a resident of Vermont and different sources of funding for Penn State. I think of Nancy and Michael moving to LA this summer, and know that they will face all kind of uncertainties. It makes me want to get up and move, too. In the meantime, life goes on. Zach and I are thinking seriously about kids (like in the next year or so), and a house and a dog. Maybe not in that order, but you get the picture.

4 comments:

Gwatt said...

aw west chester would be nice...b/c i could make you come out with me and matt all the time. But whatever decision you make..you'll succeed. It's scary to think about moving b/c you always think of the worst senarios, but you know that no one would leave you high and dry if you needed help. Just do whatever you think would make you happiest. I can't wait to see how your kids turn out...like you or Zach? haha. Are you coming to Easter?

Gwatt said...

yea the whole 1 bedroom apartment idea is getting cramped. I understand with the space issue...I'm just not sure where I would want to live...so maybe condos or something I dont know. Matt and I like puggles and norwich terriers so hopefully we can find a dog. Have you and Zach picked out a breed?

Angelique said...

Zach wants a lab. That's fine with me. One day I'd like to go to the pound and find a nice, mixed breed.

Deborah said...

I am a big advocate of moving. You are right that it would be harder to move later but not impossible. My husband and I are making plans to eventually move to Charlotte, NC. Right now we don't have a timeframe but it will happen. Moving is hard but at least you have the support of your husband and the long distance support of your friends and family. Good luck with whatever you decide. Happy Birthday!