German-(loosely translated as) The unfolding of the day
I realized today that it's been almost two weeks since I last posted anything. So to summarize what those last two weeks have been like, Thanksgiving was pretty good, I'm tired of turkey, the semester can't end soon enough, I don't always know what day it is, and sometimes I get my classes mixed up and make mistakes in creating their exams, specifically on the vocab section where I give my German 2 students words from my German 3 class, and still don't realize that I made that mistake until a student points it out to me halfway through the exam, there are too many crappy holiday songs on the radio interfering with my music, I've seen The Grinch 5 times on TBS already, and I hope to see it 5 more times!, I've eaten pounds of sweet, juicy clementines, and all of a sudden I really want a kitten. I guess I'll wait until I have my own house for that or at least a lease which allows for pets. I am happiest when I'm driving home from school with Zach, and we talk, listen to the news, but mostly we listen to music, discuss what we'll have for dinner, and watch the reflection of the light on the clouds in the sky, as it goes from light to dark, from light blue to yellow and orange and then to dark blue, with the clouds silhouetted against it. And then there are the mountains and the fir trees all around us. It's all so beautiful, peaceful, serene, awesome, humbling, and somehow sad, and it makes me want to drive forever.
2.12.04
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is so sweet. I am so happy you posted.
hey, I haven't had any clementines yet. I need clementines!
Post a Comment