4.8.05

Musing

At how I say crown and how difficult it is for me to actually say the word crayon. I had to put the word Crayola in front of it to let one of the mothers I babysit for know what I was talking about. Anyway, Zach and I bought a giant 64 pack of Crayola crayons at Target last week for $1.88-and that includes a built-in-sharpener in the back.

4 comments:

nancy said...

yay! I say that too but nobody else does. I even confused our entire 11th grade english class with my poor demonstration of a cubist crayon (pronounced CROWN) they were looking at the modern art a crayon cubist crayon and looking for a royal crown. do you remember that?
so wrong.

Anonymous said...

My husband is from NJ, and he pronounces it "cran." Took a while to figure it out.

Angelique said...

How do you say crayon, Amy?

Anonymous said...

pretty much the way it's written--cray-onn, though I probably say it fast enough that it comes out crayun.