24.2.06
Being sick AND married
So my cold is still hanging on. I am becoming one with it. I don't remember what it's like to not have this cold, so I live my life as if we are at ease with each other's presence. Zach, on the other hand, is having the harder time of it. He resorted to sleeping on the sofa bed in a sleeping bag twice this past week. He usually makes his way out of the bedroom in a huff around midnight. Apparently I snore and cough and move around a lot in my sleep. I'm not too offended. I was nowhere to be found when he was throwing up two weeks ago. Nowhere in the vows did it say anything about being physcially present during sickness. You can honor, love, and support someone from any, safe distance. This is about self-preservation. Not only that, but if Zach does catch my cold, then I'll have to hear about it for the following week or two. To not have to deal with that is totally worth having that cold, empty spot in the bed next to me. It took me about 2 years to get used to sharing my bed. Now I stay on my side even when Zach's not there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
michael is sick again too. blech
Sorry to hear that you're feeling so sick. I absolutely hate being under the weather. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Luv
My husband is not feeling well either. He has taken to sighing heavily when I am within ear shot. He is such a baby! Hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment