17.2.06
My bronchial airways are inflamed, and I'm grateful for it!
Last Friday Zach came down with a stomach flu. For those of you who don't already know, I have a huge fear of throwing up. I can count on one hand the amount of times in my life I have thrown up, and I remember all the details of when, where, and how I felt. I went from the ages of 9-21 without throwing up once. That's 12 years (reference Seinfeld here. I would provide a link if I were more computer savvy or less lazy). When Zach threw up the first time last Friday, he thought it might have been too much beer on an empty stomach, but after the second, third and fourth time, I grew suspicious. I went out to sleep on the sofa with the pillow over my head. Poor Zach wasn't getting any sympathy from me. I even considered sleeping in the car. The next day I left the house for a few hours and returned with Lysol, gloves, and gatorade. I stayed about 10 feet away from Zach and talked for a while. I then scrubbed the apartment. For the next 3 days, I was hypersensitive to every noise my stomach made. I was anxious and didn't eat much. I ate crackers and drank gingerale for two days (I exaggerate a bit) , even after Zach was eating chicken marsala and chocolate cake again. I didn't get the stomach flu (knocking on wood), but I did end up with bronchitis, probably the after effect of not eating enough and lowering my resistance. I am content with my bronchitis. And Zach is not the least bit afraid of catching it. That's love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha I read this and i was like wait...Friday...is there any possible way i could've gotten zach's germs. I'm glad we're both afraid of throwing up, and we care so much about zach being sick...hahaha just kidding.
You're funny about getting sick. As long as I have lived in the same house with the same person I must say that I rarely catch what she might have. I think that it's a matter of healthy living. Eating right and plenty of sleep.
But don't cut him any breaks.
Post a Comment