18.8.06

An Eeyore kind of day

Yesterday I went ALL THE WAY (not a bad one to two mile walk, when you're not pregnant. I drove half way and walked half way.) up to campus in order to deposit a few checks in the campus credit union atm. My work doesn't have direct deposit, and my bank is 130 miles away. The computers were down at the bank yesterday, so the machines were all off line. **sigh** A useless trip. I went up again today, and this time I was denied the deposit transaction, although I could still take money out. I just activated my new debit card yesterday and cut up the old one. Argh.
Next I decided I would fill up my car with gas, because Zach and I are driving out to Cape Cod on Sunday to visit his parents for a week. The gas tank door is jammed shut again. We had it "fixed" a few days ago at the Toyota dealer. Apparentely a spring had gone bad. You can't just open the door like on a normal car. Instead you have to release it by a small lever inside the car next to the trunk release. It's not working.
So then I thought I'd call my new health insurance company (because it's always calming to speak to a health insurance co. agent, no? I just wanted to get it out of the way.) to see what mental health coverage they provide and if I can still continue to see Janet, my therapist, when my new coverage begins. It turns out Health America is switching to a new provider who probably won't cover any of the $100.00 sessions. I currently pay $30.00 a session. I'm sure she and I can work some payment plan out, or maybe this is a good time to terminate, as they say in the mental health field. I think I've gotten as much as I could expect out of 4 years of therapy, and I'm happy with where I'm at now. Sometimes it's just nice to have that weekly or bi-monthly hour-long session to sort things out.

Despite it all, I can still see the bright side, the Pooh side, of things, too.

There are plenty of things that have gone right lately. I signed up for WIC, and am now getting $10-$20.00 worth of milk and juice each week, and cheese, cereal and peanut butter each month for free. I also got 4 $5.00 checks to use at farmer's markets for fresh produce. Today I bought a yellow and green pepper, a sweet onion, garlic, and hot peppers to make a chicken stir fry for dinner. I also picked up some DVDs from the library, and if I don't feel too nauseous tonight, maybe I can stay up until 10:00 watching them with Zach. Did I mention that I'll be in Cape Cod for a week? That's worth something. I'm surprisingly calm about all of the things that have gone wrong. They could be worse. But just to make it all better I'm eating the last chocolate chip cookie (the last 3, actually).

No comments: