30.8.06

I haven't started taking pictures of my belly yet, but here's some other baby stuff

I now have an excuse for making mistakes, and I don't mean being blonde. Actually, I am (usually) disturbingly organized and on top of things. Lately, in the office, I've been making goofy mistakes, like mistaking the "M" or "F" written after a child's name for Monday and Friday. My director laughed at me when I asked her if those were the days the child was attending the after school program. So we determined that the baby is sapping me of precious brain cells. I keep trying anyway. I've done gone and booked myself solid with appointments over the next three weeks-ob/gyn, WIC, visiting nurse, and dentist among others. This will be my first dental visit in 7 years, that is if I remember to go. Wish me luck.

In other pregnancy news...

*Women at work who never so much as glanced in my direction are now telling me pregnancy and birth stories. I'm about three months along, but am not even showing yet. What will happen once I have a belly? I'm bracing myself already for all the stories I will hear from strangers and all the unwanted hands I will have touching my belly. Actually, I don't mind the nice and funny stories. I haven't heard any real horror stories yet.

*I've been eating dinner at 4:00 the past few days, and I love anything with tomatoes and ketchup. I haven't experienced a lot of hunger yet, but I get glimpses of it. I definately have cravings and food aversions.

*My bust is about 3 inches larger than normal. Wow.

*My waist is about 1 inch larger.

*I get up a lot in the middle of the night to pee. Already.

*I'm still really tired, and I haven't run in over two months. I walk instead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a few things from someone who has been through two pregnancies:

*Keep walking! You can run after the baby comes with him/her snuggled in a jogging stroller.
*People do lose their better judgement when they see a pregnant person (Lord knows why). Try to come up with ways you think you could handle someone trying to touch you when you don't want to be touched (I had lots of success with saying that my skin was really sensitive to touch because of how stretched it was)or sharing a story you don't want to hear (I opted for saying SSHHH the baby can hear you and that usually stopped people mid-sentence). But if you come up with ways now it will seem more natural and less confrontational.
*You really do forget stuff when you are pregnant. There were times I would stand in front of the fridge and cry because I couldn't for the life of me remember why I was going in there to begin with. Gotta love hormones. Just know you will get your memory back eventually.

Other than that, just enjoy everything as it comes. It is such an amazing thing that your body is doing.

Gwatt said...

Your mom told me you heard the baby's heartbeat...thats exciting! I can't wait til you find out the sex of the baby. I guess I'll see you this weekend!