Zach and I have been on Cape Cod visiting his family for the past 4 days, and we'll be here until Sunday, the last day of our vacation. Monday Zach starts teaching and I have to go into work for the first time in over two weeks to start planning for the fall afterschool program. I keep reminding myself every morning to enjoy the moment and relax, and then maybe I'll feel ready to go back to work. I'll let you know how that plan works out.
In the meantime, we've been visiting Zach's family, including his very-pregnant (37 weeks along) sister and his cousin who is 2 months postpartum, adjusting to life with a two-month old and an almost-2-year old. I still find it hard to believe that I'll be that pregnant in as little as 2 more months, and that I'll have a real, live baby in less than 7 months. I haven't gained any weight yet. In fact, I lost about 2 pounds the first two months, but I may have regained that by now. According to some weight tables about pregnancy, I'm underweight. My bmi is about 18, and should be 20. It has never been 20 in my life. I was a bit anxious about it all for the first few weeks, and I was eating frequently trying to make up for it. I eat until I feel Thanksgiving- day stuffed, and then I'm uncomfortable. I don't think I'm eating that much, it's just the gas and bloating that makes it feel that way. I'm eating a healthy diet, and I think I need to trust my body and let it do what it knows how to do. I'm sure the weight will come, and then I won't want it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I risk sounding preachy when I say this but it is not about weight it is about health. If you are eating a healthy diet and trying to add some extra calories to compensate for the baby then you will be fine. Some people are like you and don't gain in the beginning and some gain from the moment they find out. The old saying "eating for two" is completely false. I am positive your body will let you know what you need.
Post a Comment