21.10.04

"Closed for Season"

So it's already been a week since I last posted something, but that last post feels like it was written over a month ago. I suppose that just confirms my belief that it's Monday again this Thursday and that it really is spring going on summer. That's what I want to believe, anyway. Everytime we pass by an ice cream parlor that says "closed for season", it takes me about 3 minutes to register why, because if it's spring, it should just be opening for the season, not closing. Then I think that the government is playing some wierd trick on all of us by not telling us what season it really is, and that they don't want us to know because then we might tell someone who might tell someone who might tell a terrorist that it's October instead of March, and then they will attack us!
Anyway, back on planet Earth...
I just read Nancy's "Bad" post, and, as I've been sitting in my apt. feeling tired, sad and anxious, I am comforted by the fact that I'm not alone. "You are not alone, Nancy!" And by that I mean that I am thinking of you in the midst of all of your class/work/housework/relationship stress. I hope your head and hurty eyes feel better.
I'm listening to Enya "A Day without Rain" right now, and then I'm going for a run-in the rain.
If anyone is trying to get a hold of me, I am "Closed for Season".

No comments: