19.11.04

Hurting

Today I really miss my sisters. I miss the way things used to be a long time ago. I miss the times we spent conspiring against each other or my parents, I miss our old ways of fighting and arguing about crossing that imaginary line in the backseat of the car, I miss watching tv together on a Friday night, but most of all I miss their health and their presence in my life. I would give my right arm if it meant they could both be healthy again. This is the most I've ever felt the loss of my sisters, and it hurts. I know that they are still here, but they are both struggling with their health. I am struggling with knowing that things will never be as they once were or as I once thought they would be. There is nothing that could ever replace my sisters.

3 comments:

nancy said...

makes me wanna cry darling.

do you want mine?
sometimes I want to give her away...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was crying at the time. I'm feeling much better now. I thought about the "giving of my right arm for their health" comment, and, when I was thinking more clearly, decided that might be a bit rash. But as long as I could still run...

nancy said...

sure you could still run but you might veer to one side

really though it would be a lot less complicated if you could cure them by donating a body part