I am feeling pretty good today, despite the results of the presidential election. The one consoling thing I have right now is that all of my friends (and most of my family) feel the same way I do about the state of our country and the direction the current administration is taking us (not good). It's unfair, but I suppose the other half million people who actually voted for Bush would have felt the same way had Kerry won. I am just dumbfounded that Bush was elected, but then again I don't know why I am surprised given the irresponsibility of the media and the evangelical Christian fundamentalism that has been propagated by Bush. By today's standards, to be Christian = to be Republican. That's really a shame, and it undermines true Christianity. I feel like I need to do something, but I don't know what, at least not yet.
As I said, though, I am feeling pretty good, and that's because I'm feeling connected to all those who are as bitterly disappointed as I am. I feel a need to stick together, because, much to the demise of the Bush administration and all those ultraconservatives, we're not going away.
Long live the fight for gay marriage, stem-cell research, better environmental protection, a woman's right to choose, and basic human rights! The pendulum will inevitably swing back to the left. So here's to Nov. 4, 2008. That will be a nice birthday bonus for you, Nancy. In the meantime, I will be living my life by the standards and values that I believe in. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next four years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thank you angelique.
Post a Comment