21.9.05
Goodbye Summer
It's been one of those weeks where I feel like I just can't get started. It started on Sunday when I was dog/cat sitting for my parents, and I ended up leaving their house 3 hours later than I had originally planned. Monday was Monday, but Tuesday started off with such a gloomy feel to it, that I felt paralyzed. I couldn't get anything done at work, so I went to Walmart and bought a football for the kids to play with afterschool. I felt like sitting down and crying in the middle of Walmart, because it is so enormous, impersonal, smelly and fluorescent. Now it's happened again today. I went for a run after working this morning, and here I sit, 3 hours later in my apt. NOT working. I did do a lot of housework, but that was obviously one of my old distraction mechanisms I resort to from time to time. I really didn't need to clean. I'm feeling overwhelmed and very anxious. I get these surges of adrenaline for seemingly no reason that leave me feeling weak. Granted today is a beautiful, sunny day, I sense the changes that the fall and winter will bring about. I'm really anxious about this upcoming winter and all the memories of Ashley's death that it will bring. I realize that the anticipation of it all is much worse than the thing itself will actually be, but how do you come to terms with that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
don't you hate spammy comments. And I bet you hate regular spam with eggs too.
What work? planning for the kids? thesis work? I think you should spend more time watching inane tv like me. and reading trashy novels and taking long baths while reading junky novels, and baking messy cookies and making Zach clean up.
mmm. cookies.
I think it's just one of those weeks. I'm trying to find a job so I don't have to go back to daycare but I can't inspire myself to do anything. Don't you just love working with kids? It's the most exhausting thing ever! Are you planning to come home anytime soon because I would love to show you the apartment and we could walk around Bryn Mawr. Your mom is coming out this Friday I think it will be good for her. It's so nice to be able to drive around and look at things that I knew Ash loved. It's depressing but at the same time I feel closer I guess if that makes sense.
It makes sense.
Post a Comment