15.11.07

Accentuating the Positive

It's very easy most times to dwell on the negative aspects of life. I've been thinking about Luke's extended family a lot lately, and there are so many great things I want him to know about all of his relatives.

On his paternal side:
Papa is a great conversationalist and can take up a dialogue with just about anybody.
Nane is very passionate about many things in life, and she loves books.
Aunt Jessica is very easy-going about many things that may make others upset, and she goes after what she wants in life.
Uncle Josh can pick up the pieces when life throws them about and has a great sense of humor.

On Luke's maternal side:
Oma has a great sense of humor and can make others laugh when times are tense. She is very sociable.
Opa is very calm and collected and knows how to fix many things. He's also a great cook
Aunt Alyssa is very deliberate in her actions and takes her time doing things. She is intelligent.
Aunt Ashley was a good resource for local happenings and involved in her community. She never took any nonsense from anybody.

These are just a few things that come to mind. It's refreshing to remember the good things about people from time to time.

2 comments:

nancy said...

oh do me too. I am family right. Though I don't want any honorary title I just want someone to tell their kids I am cool.

Gwatt said...

I love this post Angelique. I just thought it was really beautiful. It's always good to sit back and look at the positive aspects everyone brings to the table. Just to read the sweet things you had to say about your mom, dad, and sisters...it brought a tear to my eye because it is all so true. We are so lucky to have such a great family. I miss you, Zach, and Luke soooo much. I cannot wait to see you guys. Take care!