So, today was Labor Day, and my husband and I both had to work. On Labor Day!
We both teach at the same school, and so we figured it must be run by a bunch of republicans who don't believe in labor. We commute over an hour each way on a wide-open country highway surrounded by farms, cattle, and more farms. We made it there this morning in record time, being that everyone else had the day off and was resting comfortably in bed or reading the newspaper with a nice cup of coffee. I know, I know, we weren't the only ones on the planet who had to work today. Apparently there were three other yahoos, and we got stuck behind each one on our way home. They each made a sustained effort to go just about 4.5 miles below the speed limit, just slow enough so that everytime we started to cruise, we had to break. At any rate, we did make it home. And that marks another successful day of putting in my time; doing my civic duty; being a normal American citizen. Of course it's not all work and no play.
My husband and I never took a honeymoon after we got married last year, so he spent some of his "planning" time looking at flights to England and France. There are some great deals going on for the fall. So, we may be heading to Paris or London this Thanksgiving. That makes the labor worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment